Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can be extremely hazardous to your health. Mold usually occurs when an ongoing leak happens, and the water has never been properly dried. SERVPRO of Texarkana specalizes in Mold Remediation. We have specific chemicals and protective wear that goes along with the cleanup. Most people thing to use bleach to clean it up on their own. DO NOT use bleach. Mold feeds off moisture and the only thing the bleach does, is allows it to feed. A large amount of mold growth can take as little as 48-72 hours to appear or spread. Leave it to the professionals. We are happy to help.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (903) 832-4400
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Texarkana for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Texarkana has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Wake Village
- New Boston
- De Kalb